Yin Restorative Body is practiced with the muscles relaxed while holding calming yoga poses for a longer period of time to become more flexible in the muscles and joints, stimulate and soothe the organs and release tension.
The exercises we practice include gentle backward bending, forward bending, twisting and mild inversions, such as legs up the wall to reverse blood flow and reduce the negative effects that gravity has on our extremities and organs. Props, such as blankets, bolsters and cushions are available to provide body support and create an environment of comfort and deep relaxation.
Gentle Body Restore 50+
A balanced practice that primarily focuses on improving the body’s range of motion. Through strengthening and stretching exercises, and mindful breathing, connective tissue becomes stimulated and regenerated – encouraging the body’s natural ability to heal. The gentle, restorative focus of this practice greatly benefits cancer survivors suffering from heavy fatigue, pain or inflammation – as well as those seeking a healing and preventative approach to injury. Great for those 50 years or older, or anyone who would like to experience a gentle restorative class.
YOGA on Barre
Yoga on Barre combines the practice of mat pilates, yoga and ballet-based movements with the support of the ballet barre to provide a wonderful workout targeting core muscles, glutes and thighs. The barre offers stability and balance while deep breathing and stretching take you deeper into each posture with great form. Improve body extension, flexibility and foot and ankle strength with this fun experience!
Gentle Body Flow
Gentle Body Flow emphasizes three basic principles in practice—the breath, gravity and the fluid movement of the spine. In this series we start with postures that are pleasant to the body and ones that you will feel comfortable doing.
The exercises and poses we practice will eventually work together in fluid movement, to stretch, strengthen and tone the muscles and joints, spinal column and the entire skeletal system. Practicing the poses combined with breath will calm the nervous system to help relieve stress and anxiety.
Personal Sessions are a way to individualize your learning experience and are for those who are new to a practice, need to rehabilitate an injury or would prefer to learn one-on-one. They may be used as a way to make a smooth transition into our regular classes, or take them on an ongoing basis. We also offer semi-private sessions and groups for six or more.
Contact us to schedule your Private Session.
- Be on time for your class. Arrive early to stretch or take a moment of silence.
- Physical hygiene is important to your practice. Also, your classmates may be sensitive to strong body odors.
- Refrain from wearing fragrances, as some people may be allergic to them.
- It is best to practice two hours after a light meal and four hours after a heavy one.
- Leave cell phones outside of the studio.
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio to keep our floors clean for your practice.
- Please be sure of your financial commitment as we have a no refund policy.
- Thank you for creating a friendly space for your practice and for those around you!